We promote community education on issues related to our work in different ways:
Child Care Roundtables – Hosted monthly (except during summer and winter breaks), these events are opportunities for Commissioners and community members to discuss topics related to Early Care and Education in Marin County. The following are the dates for Spring 2017:
- Feb 14th, from 12 to 1:30pm at MCOE Marin Room – Topic: Open
- Mar. 21st, from 12 to 1:30pm at MCOE Foundation Room – Topic: Open
- Apr. 18th, from 12 to 1:30pm at MCOE Board Room – Topic: Local Zip Code Priorities Assessment
- May 23rd, from 12 to 1:30 pm at MCOE – Marin Room – Topic: Child Care and Housing
Community Forums – We host forums periodically based on topics of public interest. Below are some examples of events we have been organizing:
- Annual Community Meeting – hosted in April in a community forum style where we gather information from participants on local early care and education assets and needs. Click on the links below for pictures and notes of these events.
- Convenings – Hosted in partnership with other organizations, these forums are usually planed around a topic of pressing public concern.