The Marin County Child Care Commission’s mission is to lead and support countywide plans and advocacy efforts to ensure access to high quality early care and education services.
Established in July of 1995 by the Board of Supervisors, the Child Care Commission serves an advisory role to help direct policy by making suggestions and recommendations to local elected policymakers and government management. The main goals of the commission are:
Identify common ground on issues
Indicate program priority preference
Provide input on existing and proposed public programs
- Facilitates community collaborations
- Acts as a forum to share knowledge & information about ECE stakeholders
- Provides leadership and resources to identify key issues
- Promotes professional development, education and training of the ECE workforce
- Communicates key issues to County Board of Supervisors, County Superintendents, CA Department of Education, the Legislature, related organizations & the public.
Click on the links below for more information about our Commission: