USDA Rural Community Development Initiative Grants
Applications due June 5, 2019
For more information, click here!
The USDA Rural Community Development Initiative grants are awarded to help non-profit housing and community development organizations, low-income rural communities and federally recognized tribes support housing, community facilities and community and economic development projects in rural areas.
Who may apply for this program?
· Public bodies
· Non-profit organizations
· Qualified Private (for-profit) Organizations
What is an eligible area?
Rural and rural area–Any area other than (i) a city or town that has a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants; and (ii) the urbanized area contiguous and adjacent to such city or town.
How may funds be used?
· To improve housing, community facilities, and community and economic development projects in rural areas.
· Rural Community Development Initiative grants may be used for, but are not limited to:
Training sub-grantees to conduct:
· Home-ownership education
· Minority business entrepreneur education
Providing technical assistance to sub-grantees on:
· Strategic plan development
· Accessing alternative funding sources
· Board training
· Developing successful child care facilities
· Creating training tools, such as videos, workbooks, and reference guides
· Effective fundraising techniques
What kind of funding is available?
· Minimum grant award is $50,000; maximum grant award is $250,000
· Grant funds are limited and are awarded through a competitive process
Full details are available at https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314298
P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
The information contained in this correspondence is intended only for the individual or entity named above, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. Dissemination, distribution or copying without the prior approval of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Marin County Office of Education