Invitation from Advancement Project – B-12 Water Cooler Network
Dear Education Champion:
We are pleased to invite you to the Spring Birth to Twelfth Grade Water Cooler Network Convening. This is an event for Birth to Twelfth Grade education stakeholders, advocates, teachers, thought partners, administrators, parents, classified school employees, activists, philanthropists, policy-makers and their staff.
The B-12 Water Cooler will provide an informal space for a diverse group of people who are working on B-12 education issues to gather and talk, as if around a water cooler. Join us to develop a united front for all children.
Wednesday, March 6th 2019 from 10:00am – 2:00pm
State Building & Construction Trades Council of California
1231 I Street Suite 302 Sacramento, CA 95814
We look forward to learning alongside with you the following:
- What top education leaders envision for California’s Birth to Twelfth Grade education system
- Engage in discussions to identify new opportunities for alignment between the Early Care and Education and K-12 systems
- Discuss the latest Governors budget proposal opportunities for the education system
To RSVP, please e-mail Jessenia Reyes at jreyes or call at 213-406-9125. Please include your name, title and name of your organization. Space is limited. Reservations will be honored in the order received. Deadline to RSVP: February 27, 2019. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided, please let us know of any dietary restrictions.
The B-12 Water Cooler organizers are working in partnership with:
- California County of Superintendents Educational Services Association
- California Federations of Teachers
- California State Board of Education
- California State Parent Teacher Association
- California Teachers Association
- Carol Kocivar, Former President of the California State PTA and an author of ed100.org
- Christy Pichel, Former President of the Stuart Foundation
- Learning Policy Institute
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
- S. D. Bechtel, Jr. Foundation | Stephen Bechtel Fund
- Stuart Foundation
Looking forward to our continued dialogue.
Manager, Educational Equity
ADVANCEMENT PROJECT CALIFORNIA
20 Years Fighting for Racial Justice.
P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
The information contained in this correspondence is intended only for the individual or entity named above, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. Dissemination, distribution or copying without the prior approval of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Marin County Office of Education