The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has launched the Milestone Tracker, a free application (app) for tracking a child’s development in a fun and easy way. The app adds to the suite of free, family-friendly materials available through the CDC Learn the Signs, Act Early program available at https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/index.html.
The Milestone Tracker provides a way to document developmental milestones, recognize delays, and share information with health care providers. The new app offers:
- Interactive milestone checklists for children ages 2 months through 5 years, illustrated with photos and videos
- Tips and activities to help children learn and grow
- Information on when to act early and talk with a doctor about developmental delays
- A personalized milestone summary that can be easily shared with the doctor and other care providers
- Reminders for appointments and developmental screening
Additionally, health care providers can use the app to help with developmental surveillance as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, and early care and education providers can use it to better understand students’ skills and abilities, and to engage families in monitoring developmental progress.
Learn more and get information on downloading the app on the CDC Milestone Tracker Mobile App Web Site at https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/milestones-app.html.
This is a message from the California Department of Education (CDE), Early Education and Support Division (EESD).
P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
The information contained in this correspondence is intended only for the individual or entity named above, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. Dissemination, distribution or copying without the prior approval of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Marin County Office of Education