This is a message from the California Department of Education (CDE), Early Education and Support Division (EESD).
Dear Executive Directors, Child Care and Development Programs:
The Advancement Project, The California Department of Education, and our Early Care and Education (ECE) partners are pleased to invite you to the Fall 2017 Birth to Five Water Cooler Conference: STRONGER FROM THE START Convening to Inform Collective Advocacy to Help Children Birth to Five Succeed on October 2–3, 2017 at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel.
We will convene ECE stakeholders from across the state representing preschool, infant/toddler, child care, birth to five, P–16 and higher education, providers, administrators, parents, activists, advocates, philanthropists, and elected officials. Together, we will vet ideas for policy and practice to build cohesion for a state agenda that supports California’s children and families. A few highlights include:
- Exploring the ECE policy landscape.
- Supporting the whole child from the start: elevating the developmental, health and learning needs of
California’s infants and toddlers and their families.
- Expanding the discussion of quality to reflect the diverse needs of our youngest learners, including dual
- Strengthening ECE policy and advocacy with the voice of community and the lens of racial equity.
- Building on ECE principles and pedagogy for greater birth–12 alignment that strengthens instructional
practices for students beyond preschool.
Agenda outline below.
Monday, October 2, 2017
Registration commences at 2 p.m. and the reception adjourns at 6:30 p.m.
- Opening Remarks: Stronger from the Start
- National Analysis of the State of ECE Access
- Long-Term Strategies to Closing the Opportunity Gap
Tuesday October 3, 2017
Registration and continental breakfast commence at 8 a.m. and the conference adjourns at 4 p.m.
- Welcome Remarks
- ECE Policy Landscape
- Addressing the Needs of Our Infants and Toddlers
- Community Voice in Policy Initiatives
- Providing Quality ECE to Dual Language Learners
- Building the Foundation for a Birth to 12 System Closing Remarks
You have received this message because you are subscribed to an e-mail list from the California Department of Education’s Early Education and Support Division. To unsubscribe from this list, go to http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/ci/emailindex.asp.
P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
The information contained in this correspondence is intended only for the individual or entity named above, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. Dissemination, distribution or copying without the prior approval of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Marin County Office of Education